Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day trip to Capri, Italy - September 2011


Day Trip to Capri

This is my second time to Capri this time is with the girls Whoop Whoop! And we didn’t do much touring of the island but we saw all of the island at once.  Rented a boat it was great!
A group of friends and I cruised around the island all day.  It was great.  So one of my friends was like an expert in trips to Capri so she knew exactly where she wanted to get the boat from and the things she wanted to do before we went cruising around.  We packed a bag of sandwiches, wine, beer, and cheeses or the essentials.  We first made a stop up to the top of the island where she believed was the best gelato.  I would have to concur it was pretty dam good.  I got some crazy mix flavor of strawberry and something else don’t remember but it was good.  That was all the time we spent on land the rest was all in the Sea.  The waves were a little rocky but the further we went out the better it was.  The sea was so clear we finally docked and everyone but me jumped straight into the sea.  Guess I didn’t get the memo that there is no beach here (or traditional beach with sand), there is a rock beach with beautiful, crystal clear water.  We parked amongst the yachts (as I dream one day that will be me and next time swimming too lol).  It was all about R&R in the sun and with the girls that day, which made it a great trip.  Capri is a very expensive island tailoring its stores and things to do for more affluent tourist.  The retail stores are all high end boutiques and I even found some very exclusive Jimmy Choo’s there, don’t worry I didn’t buy anything but was very tempted to max my card out.  Then I realize that I rather fly to another country on vacation (priorities). 

See pics below:

This is how the day ended lol ...

 Arriving on the island of Capri







 Popping Bottles on our boat!





Almost forgot about NAPOLI!!
So in order to get to Capri you got to catch the ferry from Naples.  Really quickly I will tell you why you don’t need to spend much time there.  Or at least these pics will show you:


 Yes this is true what you see THE STREETS OF NAPLES ARE A LANDFILL!!!!!! Please call the EPA NOW!


 Had to get out!!


However, as in Eat, Pray, Love Not before you have the PIZZA!!! Yes Naples is the home of the ROUND pizza as we know today.  There is 2 different types of pizza in Italy and Rome is the home of the best SQUARE pizza.  So yes this pizza made the stop worth it. Then get to the train as soon as you can.

Here goes the PIZZA



Ciao Bellas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Budapest, Hungary

Budapest, Hungary
Statute of Liberty - Budapest, Hungary

Florence, Italy

Florence, Italy
The Duomo - Florence, Italy

London, UK

London, UK
Famous Phone Booth

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP