Sunday, October 9, 2011

More February a lot for 28 days ! End of Feb 2011

February continues..
Didn't realize until I started this post that February was very interesting. Lots of Highs and Lows.  Besides taking my midterm and feeling like crap.  It was CARNIVAL TIME in Venice nice way to Celebrate my Birthday.  Pisces Season Baby!

Yes so after Paris what did I do Party of course.  Getting to find my way around better and found friends. And the most important of them all started falling asleep at 6 and 7 a.m. my new BFF my MacBookPro. Sad but true, I began to watch tv shows and movies online and in between that I began to talk to all my friends at home on Skype and Gchat.  I guess I should have been blogging then (DOPE!!! Homer Simpson's voice)

Here are a few pics from the club in an area called Testaccio





One of the Beautiful Ethiopian Ladies that live in Italy that work near my school we found her clubbing to that night
Venice

Then from there was preparing for CARNEVALE in Venice.  Its extreme and one of the oldest carnival festivals in the world.  Its the last 2 weeks of February which is perfect since my bday is MARCH 1st! Thought they were all there for me. lol Ok not really but Venice is in the far North West section of Italy close to Austria.  And it is just like the movies with boats or gondolas every where.  It was cold there with all the water, but we had a blast.  Went with a new group of friends and this was a trip we will all remember for the rest of our lives it was that good.

We stayed in a B&B (so much better than hostels) so there are a bunch of people all over Europe renting out their apartments.  The stay is better and there is Breakfast! Sweet!  We stayed in this nice place right off the main street where the parade was and had an amazing view from the roof top balcony. Nice little bonus! First let me tell you that Rome is not close to Venice we took the slow train to save money and ended up on the train for 7 hours to the center of Venice.  Good bonding time.  Ok back to the B&B really nice and come again. We had to immediately go out and look for our Mask and join the parade.  I felt like we did a whole lot because it was so exciting to be there during that time. But we really did not visit anything lol IT was just Bars, and more Bars, and good food.  It was even colder now! It rained on us and I remember still going out.  lol.  I find my first Italian Crush (I know the stuff you been waiting for lol)  The Carbeneri is the special police in Italy and this man was into me and my hair and his co worker Lorenzo (he was sexy too).  We had moment (wink)  but after he offered to have my kids it was  my time to go. lmfao. I DJ'd a out door party, it was INSANE! We were all twisted and ended up in the fair ran into the Spanish singing group (see below pic) they sung Happy Birthday to my friend and I. Then we lead a group of people into the front of this building and had a Block Party at 1 a.m. It was crazy!  My friend fell in love with this guy but do to the language barrier all we got from his is that he was paper which later translated after 20 mins to he have paper. lol Definitely a trip of random events, in all the right way.

Highlights of the weekend:
Boat ride thru the Grand Canal
One girl with us almost had a bar fight with a old drunk couple.
Friends from school magically appeared and surprised to join the party
Mask shopping
Crazy Photoshoot! (not for really just us acting crazy)
And the elaborate costumes! They were Ahhhmazing

View from my B&B

 Our Balcony

O yes the Gondola! 

 The Girls! We found out mask
 Ok so I met a bunch of guys from Spain
 And Carnival Begins!!



 Some of my professional shots Check me on Flickr


 The girls, in our room before going out
 My friend wasted and clearly into his mask!
 Me and the FRO-Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Budapest, Hungary

Budapest, Hungary
Statute of Liberty - Budapest, Hungary

Florence, Italy

Florence, Italy
The Duomo - Florence, Italy

London, UK

London, UK
Famous Phone Booth

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP