Sunday, October 9, 2011

Where do I Start?! Spring Semester - Jan 2011

January
Arrivied in Italy January 10th with my mother, brother, cousin, and aunt, needless to say I had the crew with me. lol  I was amazed by how warm it was here in the high 60's F. We immediately got ripped of at the airport we were suppose to get a certain taxi with a fixed rate of 40 Euro into Rome from FCO airport.  However, since we were a tourist group of 5 black people, possibly Americans on vacation who didn't speak neither French nor Italian or any other languages for that matter (another dead give away) we were targets.  We paid 95 Euro to get to my Flat. 

Finally home, met my roommates very kool people. 1 guy from West VA and 1 girl from Texas both from school.  However, my over bearing landlord PAOLA was too much to handle from the beginning.  Should have taken this as a sign to move soon.  My mom of course liked her because she was nosy and promised to look out for me.  I am sorry I am 25 if I wanted an RA I would have moved into the dorms at school.  Lets just say she did more than that.

Time to be a Tourist:  YAYAY!!!!! Traveled around Rome with my family we visited everything during their 2 week visit. Vatican, Sistine Chapel, Colosseum, Piazza Navona (my favorite place in Rome), Pantheon, Roman Forum, The Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain the list goes on.  Trust me we seen everything the center of Rome has to offer.


Saint Peter's Square & The Vatican

A VERY EXCITED ME!!! I made it! 


My Flat near Castle San Angelo and St. Peter's Square
My cousin and brother at the Colosseum fighting the Gladiator 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Budapest, Hungary

Budapest, Hungary
Statute of Liberty - Budapest, Hungary

Florence, Italy

Florence, Italy
The Duomo - Florence, Italy

London, UK

London, UK
Famous Phone Booth

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP