Sunday, October 9, 2011

Visitors month - April 2011

April,

Very excited my first visitor came to see me.  Feel so loved. My long lost friend (at the time) made his way all the way to Rome to ensure that everything was going well.  Immediately I started to plan things to do. This was his first time to Italy and we only had a week together. Though he is a world traveler thought it was important to see more of Italy in one week and still make the most of my time with him alone (wink) by traveling to the Isle of Capri!!

COMMERCIAL BREAK:
Here is the scope, he is a blast from the past that after talking to more recently while in Rome thought would be a nice friend to have in my future.  I knew little about his current life since speaking to him many years ago but I was hoping that he was the same genuine, kind, and sweet gentleman that I knew from before.  Yes, Yes, may have had a slight crush on him light years ago that ended.  But it was good to know that he wanted me too as much as I wanted him then.  O the joys of getting older, all the things that you thought were important before becomes trivial as time go on.

Ok back to the story.  I enjoyed my time with him in Rome and in Capri.  My time to be a tourist again with better weather.  Capri is a famous vacation hideway south of Rome and a ferry ride from Naples.  There are tons of tourist here! The food is amazing and since some of the more affluent tourist vacation here like this summer Alica Keys and her husband Swizz Beats. There is tons of high fashion clothing stores which explains the reason for this high priced island. We stayed on the other side of the small island called Anacapri, less tourist and we loved our B&B.  Luciana is now like a relative to us. We stayed The Sunset B&B, and trust me the view of the sunset was Ahhhmazing.  We did a lot of walking around the small island which is very hilly and rocky.  A lot of small streets and narrow roads.  We immediately fell in love with our atmosphere and with the people we met on this island.  We made our way all the way down to the Faraglioni Rocks, it was another Ahhmazing moment. (awwwwww)  One thing we didn't not get to do because of the tides were the Blue Grotto which is a tourist trap anyway.  IT is a cave where the sun reflects the blue on its limestone bottom. Typically the lines are crazy too.

Here are a few pics:
Just me our first night out, dinner at my Favorite Restaurant Mama's





 One thing to know about Italians is that they are SERIOUS about their Lemons or Limoni especially in the South.  They have this liquer called Lemonchelo that is smooth, sour, and sweet all at the same time. Make sure you try some, it is usually offered as dessert.
 Made it to Capri! Here is pics at our B&B










Mean Alexandar McQueen's in a Boutique in Capri.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Budapest, Hungary

Budapest, Hungary
Statute of Liberty - Budapest, Hungary

Florence, Italy

Florence, Italy
The Duomo - Florence, Italy

London, UK

London, UK
Famous Phone Booth

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP