Thursday, October 13, 2011

Off to see the Queen! London, UK is where I spent Most of May

May,

Right after my friend left I had very little time in Rome to prepare for the rest of the month in London.  This was my 2nd visit to London.  I was there back in 2006, visiting Europe for the first time. I loved it there then, but I thought because I have not seen other parts of Europe yet. After this 2nd visit I know the love is true. lol. So what do I love about London. 
Love its diversity
English speaking (helps)
Feeling like I belong there immediately
Just like being in NYC without being in NYC
Not too far from home in case I wanted to visit my family
Easy to get around with the Tube(train) and knowledgeable Taxis (Note: Black Cabs are the best, divers actually go to school to become taxi drivers and they have to know all major locations and streets within the City of London.)
Great Art museums (mostly free)
Good city life (just can't get that anywhere)
And food from everywhere, literally!! 

I was actually in London for business.  I was accepted into this Finance seminar through my school and the tuition included my housing, (I stayed near Holborne close to LSE campus)  and some business related events.  While I was there I tried to hook up with an old friend that I met when I was there in 2006 but we didn't meet, schedule was super tight. And a Soror of mine from DC was attending school at London School of Economics, I got a chance to hang out with her and her friends one night. Had a blast. The rest of the time I was being a tourist. Doing a lot of things I didn't do back in 06'

Here are some of the pics:

Got to get on the hop on hop off bus, London is a big city.  Behind me you can see the Parliament building.

 My Fro Don't like the humidity at ALL!! took a cruise tour along the Thames River, and good ole London Bridge behind me. And no its not falling down. lol

 Stonehedge one of the Wonders of the world.  It was great to go up to visit this area about an hour outside of London further East. Very rural country area outside of London, it was a nice drive.

 Borough Market (bought some amazing cheese, wine, and had great fiSH and chip)
 Borough Market, one of my favorite places in London is this open market that has famous food from everywhere. 
 Yes in club! In UK the crowd was so diverse.  There was a large amount of Indian young crowd in the club and even with NYC being diverse for some reason I never see a large crowd of Indian men or women in the bars or clubs.
 The Ladies in UK



 My classmate and I at the Tower of London tour, its a must see if you visit and worth the tour.  This where the crown jewels are held.



 Yes the famous Booth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Budapest, Hungary

Budapest, Hungary
Statute of Liberty - Budapest, Hungary

Florence, Italy

Florence, Italy
The Duomo - Florence, Italy

London, UK

London, UK
Famous Phone Booth

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP